What is AudioSalad?
- AudioSalad is a cloud based media asset and metadata management platform. It has functionality to facilitate improved workflow for digital asset management, digital delivery, ecommerce, press marketing, sync and more.
Who uses AudioSalad?
- AudioSalad is used by labels, artists, music managers, music publishers, content administrators, distributors. You can see some of our clients here.
Can I manage my metadata with AudioSalad?
- Absolutely! Managing your metadata along side your media assets is the very core of AudioSalad. Once your catalogue of releases is configured in AudioSalad, the metadata (and media assets) can be exported, shared in a number of ways, providing improved workflow and operations.
What file formats are supported?
- AudioSalad supports MP3, WAV, HD WAV (MFiT), AIFF and FLAC as the core audio media. In addition, via the B2B portal you can host, archive and share Word docs, PDF’s, video (including HD video), text files, music production files (Ableton Live, Protools etc.) and more.
Can AudioSalad provide Direct To Fan (D2F) eCommerce functionality?
- AudioSalad has strong ecommerce integration via our Shopify App (AudioSalad App for Shopify) and our Drupal Module. Our clients use both the AudioSalad App for Shopify and our Drupal Module to provide D2F (Direct To Fan) ecommerce for physical and digital releases.
Can AudioSalad create royalty reports and statements?
- AudioSalad provides sales reporting when used in conjunction with a connected eCommerce system for D2F, such as Shopify or Drupal. AudioSalad does not aggregate sales reports from DSP’s. For that we recommend you look at OTTO, Counterpoint or SR1.
How does AudioSalad deliver content?
- AudioSalad can deliver metadata (with corresponding media assets) in multiple XML based formats, including those created by various services such as Spotify, Amazon as well as various DDEX specifications. In addition, AudioSalad can export track and release metadata as CSV for direct import into a spreadsheet such as Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers.
Do I need my own direct deals for delivery to DSPs?
- Yes. AudioSalad is not a Distributor/Aggregator – we provide digital delivery services as one part of our functionality suite. In order to use AudioSalad for digital delivery you will need to have your own direct deals with the DSPs (Digital Service Providers) you want to deliver content to. As an independent label or artist, we recommend that you start the process of forming these relationships through joining the Merlin Network
How much does AudioSalad Cost?
- AudioSalad is Saas (Software as a Service) with a monthly software license fee. We have pricing tiers based on the number of assets under management. Please contact us here for pricing details.
Does AudioSalad take a percentage of sales revenue?
- We do not take any percentage of your sales – we do not believe in that model, what you can earn from your content is your business! We charge a flat monthly fee for using our software service (SaaS). Please contact us here for pricing details.
Do you have a demo?
- Yes we have a fully functioning demo as well as videos showing AudioSalad in action. Please contact us here to get the demo process underway.
I am Interested In AudioSalad – What Next?
- Please contact us here. We would love to hear from you and see how we can help.